Welcome to the Charleston Club. Our mission is to connect with other South Carolinians to help preserve our culture and heritage.

RSS Charleston News

  • 2021 Business Licenses to Expire April 30, 2022 December 2, 2021
    Cities and towns located in SC are now required to standardize their business license practices due to the passage of Act 176. As such, 2021 City of Charleston Business Licenses will expire on April 30, 2022.
  • City Announces 99.7 Percent Compliance with COVID-19 Vaccination Policy November 23, 2021
    Following yesterday’s deadline for compliance with the city’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, 90 percent of city employees have been vaccinated and 9.7 percent have received medical or religious accommodations, for an overall compliance rate of 99.7 percent.
  • Holiday Magic in Historic Charleston November 17, 2021
    Each year, the City of Charleston celebrates the holiday season with Holiday Magic in Historic Charleston, a series of free, family-friendly activities, live performances, events and decorations for the community to enjoy together.

Recent Posts

The Imperative of the 2020 Election Is to VOTE!!

Dear Club Members,  You must vote in this election if you have not already!  We have just lived through one of the most chaotic and turbulent summers in recent memory, much of it, if not all, have been created by a government that has not served the nation well.  It is not just the pandemic; it is […]

Felder to serve as S.C. State Homecoming parade marshal

South Carolina State University alumnus Ned Edward Felder will serve as the parade marshal for this year’s Homecoming parade. A native of Charleston, Felder is the former president of the South Carolina State University National Alumni Association’s (SCSUNAA) Washington, D.C., chapter and a charter member of the association’s Military Alumni chapter. He is a life member […]